Sign in to follow this  
PlaceboJeffect

Post Scriptum first thoughts

I am loving this game.  I haven't had this much fun in an FPS for a while.  I still enjoy squad, but currently the game has become dry to me because it has been severely lacking content updates.  British forces were a welcomed addition, but with only one (or two?) new maps added.. -shrug- I dunno.

Anyway, Post Scriptum has been the ww2 game I've been waiting for, for a while now.  Slow paced, immersive, just a whole lot of fun.  I have really been enjoying squad leading again.  Now that I don't have to worry about placing a rally point down every 5 minutes and potentially coordinating armor, I'm freely able to coordinate my squad with the other SLs.  Last night a match ran down the clock before the tickets.  We won by 2 tickets with my squad doing a lot better than the others.  Was tons of fun.  

Will post more later as I have to run to work.

Also, I normally run epic settings on squad and most games; however, this game has poor optimization and will fluctuate in the 20s on epic.  If you go down to high settings, the textures bug out and some textures do not load.  

I find that using SMAA, "high" effects, "epic" foliage, "epic" view distance, and "high" shadows have really fixed my issue.  I will be in the mid 40s with an occasional drop to mid 30s with no texture loading issues.  Hope this helps if you are having the same issues that I was.

Edited by PlaceboJeffect

Really like the Meta that was introduced. Doesn't feel like I am playing Squad, other than the engine. 7/10

• Like 1