Splat

Arma 3 MILSIM?

Hello,

Recently I've been wanting to get back into Arma 3 MILSIM. I've played Arma 2 and Arma 3 with a few units in my past. I loved them all. Within the Arma 3 modding community there's been a few WW2 mods that have been released. GEIST-A3, Iron Front, Faces of War, etc. All these mods have GREAT Fallschirmjager units, weapons, and ranks. I was thinking of 2.FGg and its possibilities within the Arma 3 MILSIM Community. I think that if we could get a server and weekly missions, meetings, etc, set up I think we could get a lot more unit members and current members more active? Just thought I'd put out a post and get peoples ideas and opinions.

Thanks!

[2.FJg]Splat-Schtz

maxresdefault.jpg

FJ.jpg

• Like 3

My favorite thing about ARMA is the Zeus stuff.  The ability to create and direct a co-op (vs AI) scenario on the fly is just super cool.

I know @seaofserenity is gonna be all over this.

Regarding the server, you'd have to check with HR/Engineering/Clan XO and CO. I believe we tried an Arma 3 server and it ended up not working out. @SnazzyDuckling might be a good person to ask to start. 

I've played Arma since it came out and love the mods mentioned above. Been in and run MILSIM groups. As I'm sure you know, takes a lot of work to set up the missions/meetings/scenario/mods/server/etc. I would start running more casual Zeus games to build up a group and then move toward being more organized. 

Also worth a mention, ArmA is aging and I know a lot of guys are waiting for Hell Let Loose. The clan has essentially invested in that game and plans on being one of the first groups there when it starts. When it gets released, I imagine you will see your group dwindle a little bit. 

Just my 2 cents. If you are willing to put in the work, don't see a reason not to try. Good luck!

• Like 1

Starting off with doing Zeus missions first is probably the way to go, i have a few hours being game-master for scenarios. The trick is going to be to get enough people involved into it, who want to do it. If this does become a thing, i would love to set up a server and start events going. We can maybe do a test run and see how many are interested. I can host for a day. 

Wow this thread gained a lot of traction. Splat and I discussed this yesterday to which I directed him here. I one hundred percent back this idea seeing as how we are "2.FJg" and do nothing Fallschirmjager related. A cool idea would be to try and get an Arma server up and gather people to portray a Fallschirmjager regiment, with tactics training and pre-mission briefings. Is there a meeting or somewhere that this idea can be properly pitched? I know with "Hell Let Loose" on the horizon itll be low on the priority list. But this could be a fun and engaging way to potentially get clan mates more social with each other.

18 minutes ago, JEKYLL2000 said:

Wow this thread gained a lot of traction. Splat and I discussed this yesterday to which I directed him here. I one hundred percent back this idea seeing as how we are "2.FJg" and do nothing Fallschirmjager related. A cool idea would be to try and get an Arma server up and gather people to portray a Fallschirmjager regiment, with tactics training and pre-mission briefings. Is there a meeting or somewhere that this idea can be properly pitched? I know with "Hell Let Loose" on the horizon itll be low on the priority list. But this could be a fun and engaging way to potentially get clan mates more social with each other.

Message me on steam or discord, or if i'm on TS yank my attention and i can start formulating a plan with you guys.

I've been working on setting up an Antistasi server. I don't suppose there would be any issues getting an Iron Front server running, perhaps some zeus missions. Requires someone with Zeus experience to coordinate such an event.

Gents,

I have a small 10 person Arma 3 server setup and ready to go. 

This would allow for some small SF missions, two squads of 4 and a zeus.

Who all is in?  Let's get this going! 

id like to play, but am only available mon, tues, thurs after 6pm pst, otherwise i can ask for a day off work but need at least x2 weeks in advance notice (i.e. for big events)