Sign in to follow this  
sooks

Battlefield 1

I am holding judgement, i like WW1 as a setting since it hasn't been done much, but i know that Dice will strip away anything remotely WW1 out of the game to appeal to the masses.  Knowing Dice it will be 2 years before this game is playable anyways, so we will definitely have plenty of time to see how the WW1 setting works.

• Like 1

Yeah it's like I want it to be cool. But I worry about how... modern it looks. Still, this was first peek. I am definitely intrigued and want to see gameplay vids.

Just somebody picking WWI for a new big-name game. They have balls. I like that.

38802f714f22086f1c2b97c9226c5d4330d8164e

Edited by Jank
  • Like 1

Verdun proved that a developer CAN do something with World War I and make it interesting at the very least. Dice has far more resources than the team that worked on Verdun (I think it was one or two guys right?) so I think it would be perfectly reasonable to expect a playable World War I game that gets some serious traction. 

I still won't play it because it's Dice and it's Battlefield. It's like the Russians coming out with a new vodka or the United States electing shit politicians. No envelopes will be pushed and nothing will surprise.

I'll probably get this one, since it is pretty much the first AAA title set in this time period. Verdun was ok, but there was more to WW1 than muddy trench warfare in France. The most massive naval and air battles also took place in this time period.

DICE said they made a lot of historical research around it, and will stick to what existed in this time period.

I'm more worried about the guns. A standard soldier was fighting with a bolt action rifle in this time period, and I'm afraid everyone will be able to RNG with a Lewis HMG. This would break the immersion for me.

• Like 1

You're probably going to have to stick to the campaign then, Peacekeeper. Unless they pull a page out of the squad-based playbook, where they allow only a certain number of players with certain weapons systems, you'll probably have to deal with a large number of Lewis guns, Chauchats and other nasty things. 

Abandon hope all ye who play Battlefield.

the important points to take away are destructible environments, target damage on tanks,  and Snoop Dog(lion?) is a noob with a controller. 

I gotta say, as much as I love WWI and the idea of a WWI game... this does not seem like the game for me.  It doesn't seem the least bit WWI-ish.  Way way too fast and arcadey and completely incoherent.

What a shame.

I actually just has been invited to the closed alpha of the game this morning. I'll sink a couple of hours in it, and let you know my general feeling.