Sign in to follow this  
Peacekeeper

Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Anyone is playing the Star Wars battlefront Beta?

It is free for all on Origin.

I'll surely download and play tonight.

The function to join servers with a party was not activated in the Alpha. Not sure it is in the beta. I guess we will find out tonight.

It seems a lot of content got added in the Beta compared to the Alpha version I played 2 months ago.

Lets try to create a party and joined a server together tonight?

Played it and could only play 4 or 5 rounds before I was asking myself why am I forcing myself to keep playing it, gunplay sucks, vehicles are no fun, Hero was boring as hell to play as and the aircombat was terribad. I died a little inside today...

Played it and could only play 4 or 5 rounds before I was asking myself why am I forcing myself to keep playing it, gunplay sucks, vehicles are no fun, Hero was boring as hell to play as and the aircombat was terribad. I died a little inside today...

Pretty much my feelings so far. That and it feels like a copy of Battlefield. I did not have the chance to try the vehicles yet tho.

Pretty much my feelings so far. That and it feels like a copy of Battlefield. I did not have the chance to try the vehicles yet tho.

Same, i played 4 or 5 rounds of walker assault and a couple rounds of the Orbital Drop mode.  I am very disappointed so far, i really cant see this game staying fun for long, i am already bored of what they have in the beta.  It makes it even worse when the Rebels have zero chance of winning.  I really dont see myself paying full price for this game, which i had planned too.  I think i will wait to see what more it offers or for it to come on sale for like 10 bucks.

Edited by admiralackbar86

Same, i played 4 or 5 rounds of walker assault and a couple rounds of the Orbital Drop mode.  I am very disappointed so far, i really cant see this game staying fun for long, i am already bored of what they have in the beta.  It makes it even worse when the Rebels have zero chance of winning.  I really dont see myself paying full price for this game, which i had planned too.  I think i will wait to see what more it offers or for it to come on sale for li

Ya every round I played, the rebels lost, they were just overwhelmed by the constant TIE fighters and AT STs and I really felt like the rebels were attacking more, they had to go to the uplinks and hold them, instead of them starting with the uplinks going and having to defend. If the AT AT is almost always moving towards the OBJ then the uplinks should start out going and give the rebels good positions instead of them trying to race towards them to keep the empire from turning them off. The emplacements are a joke as well, that tower emplacement shouldnt be going down to small arms fire as fast as it does.... 

Just felt like a cluster fuck, and not in the good way and with the rebels always getting stomped. 

Edited by sooks

I enjoyed what little of it I've played. Definitely doesn't have the staying power that I had hoped though and seems like it'll get boring very quickly

I would recommend Overwatch, as a more fun fps. We should play that together when it comes out, its also much more team work orientated.

As far as it is tuf to evaluate a full game on a beta version (otherwise, nobody would have bought RO2), I'm also concerned about the life span of the game. The game in general is way too simple, and this is worrying me. I'm feeling like they are targeting a younger ''casual gamer'' audience, which just want to hop in a match for 1 or 2 hours max 2 or 3 times a week and blast Rebels as a Stormtrooper. If you guys are looking for a tactical shooter to play all night on, this is not it.

I do not agree with Krunch and Ackbar tho. This is no way near Battlefield. No classes, no squads, nothing near the classic conquest mode, 40 players max count, less vehicules and 3P view. Actually, I can't see what those 2 games have in common apart from having ''battle'' in their names and having the same developpers. To be completely honest, I would have prefer to have a ''Battlefield-4-Star-Wars-mod'' for Battlefront than what it is right now.

As for the recoil, it is not a big deal for me. Those are blasters, not real life weapons. I think they increased the ''bullet spread'' rather than recoil. Never wonder why Stormtroopers can't shoot shit in the movies?

Like Sooks said, the spawn points are broken for the Rebels. You are spawning way back of the uplink stations, and it is almost impossible to recapture them if the empire get too close.

For the record, I played with Jo and some others yesterday and we managed to win as the Rebel twice. In the Alpha version of the game, Rebels had an extra pair of uplinks near the power generator (so 4 pairs in total instead of 3). Back in the Alpha, they said the win ratio was about 50/50 in the forums. I confirm this was the case. I don't understand why they removed this extra pair of uplinks in the Beta. Now, a whole part of the Hoth map is not even used near the power generator.

I'm sure they will fixe this before launch, as it is flagrant it is a lost cause for the Rebels. Rebels did lost the Battle of Hoth in the movies tho :P.

In conclusion, I'm glad I didn't pre-order the game yet. I'll wait until its release and read a coupe of reviews before buying it.

My weak point is : I'm a big fan of Star Wars, so even if the game seems below my expectations, I'll probably get it.

EDIT : I forgot to mention, but the game runs surprisingly smoothly for a beta. Not a single crash with 3 to 4 hours of playing and CPU usage around 97%.

Edited by Peacekeeper