Peacekeeper

Star Wars Battlefront - Multiplayer Gameplay

I'm sorry guys, but won't play anything else once this is coming out in November.

Anyone else will buy this?

• Like 1

I'm sorry guys, but won't play anything else once this is coming out in November.

Anyone else will buy this?

Love everything bar the crosshairs :( .

Looks pretty sweet so far, still disappointed about some of the stuff like the ATAT walkers cant be driven, no space battles (until the DLC you have to pay for comes out), and only 40 player battles.

Looks pretty sweet so far, still disappointed about some of the stuff like the ATAT walkers cant be driven, no space battles (until the DLC you have to pay for comes out), and only 40 player battles.

To be honest, AT-AT was so slow in previous BF games and not mobile at all (which is making sense due the size of that thing) so I don't mind they are on tracks this time. About 99% of the time I was going forward pressing ''W''.

Anyhow, at least you can fire it. I was afraid it would be totally controlled by AI, so this is a relief.

As for the 40 players, if it is action packed like the trailer shows it, I don't mind. The ''walker assault'' mode seems similar to Rush mode in Battlefield. 64 players in Rush was total chaos with massive choke points and not fun, so maybe it is for the best (I hope). We will have to wait until release to conclude, but I agree this is still bugging me.

As for myself, I'm only disappointed the battle of Geonosis is not in there. Was a very good map in BF1 with the LAAT, and clone walkers. I would also like to see a battle over the death star (like in episode IV). I bet this one will be in a DLC.

For Hoth, my check list is complete :

- Rebel base

- Control over the turrets for the Rebels

- Snowspeeders and tow cables

- ATATs and ATSTs

- X-wings and TIE fighting over the battlefield.

- Wilhem scream.

- Heroes (Jo, don't be angry at me ;) )

Ah peace you reminded me of my other peeve with the new game, no clone wars battles (until the $30 dlc comes out I'm guessing). I think the game looks good and I will be buying it, I'm just in the old school camp where i want the old battlefront with updated graphics and new maps and i feel like EA is giving us something completely different. I feel like they are going to ruin this franchise the same way they ruined battlefield.

Edited by admiralackbar86

(Smiling) I can really see Peacekeepers geek flag flying here - his excitement is palpable. Im pretty certain he is at keyboard in Star Wars apparel.

(Smiling) I can really see Peacekeepers geek flag flying here - his excitement is palpable. Im pretty certain he is at keyboard in Star Wars apparel.

Unfortunately no. I still have the basic keyboard that came with my HP pavillon :(

Hey guys,

Not sure how I got this, or if a lot of people received it, but I have been invited to play the closed alpha version of the game (if I get it working I suppose).

I'll let you know how it plays.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

Not sure how I got this, or if a lot of people received it, but I have been invited to play the closed alpha version of the game (if I get it working I suppose).

I'll let you know how it plays.

Wow that's some luck, but seriously how are they going to send invites to peacekeepers and not one of the leaders of the rebellion?
  • Like 1

Will you be playing on PC I'm assuming? I haven't decided if I'll be getting it for ps4 or Xbone yet  :wacko:

Yes, from what I see I'll be running about the recommend specs for PC. Recommended specs for the pre-alpha are the following :

CPU: Quad Core CPU e.g. Intel Core i5-2400 @ 2.8 GHz or AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3.2 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz

RAM: 6 GB

OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64-big operating system required)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 or AMD Radeon HD 7970 with 2 GB of Video Memory

I have a Radeon X9 270x, so just a little bit below recommended, but an i7 CPU (x8), so should be more than ok. 

Personnally, I'll play on PC. To many kids will be playing this on consoles.

I think they used the force to find you Peacekeeper ...

To be honest, I have no idea why I received the invite. Unfortunately, they made it clear we cannot record any gameplay, or my Origin account will be banned. 

In my opinion, I think it was a random invite for premium BF4 users. I also participated in BF:H beta (which was shit, so I didn't bought it btw), so they may have re-use the same list­. 

Anyhow, I,ll let you guys know how it goes.

I'll have access to it tomorrow. 

Wow that's some luck, but seriously how are they going to send invites to peacekeepers and not one of the leaders of the rebellion?

^^bahahahahahahahahaha IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tried it this morning for 5 minutes before going to work

RESULT : unable to connect to Origin when in game. (Classic)

I'll retry tonight.

Edited by Peacekeeper

They just announced the game will not feature dedicated servers. thats mean no admins and hackers free world for PC.

I don't like where this is going. I can see EA getting there hands deeper and deeper into the design of this game. They want it to reach as many casual ''gamers'' as possible. I think my dad who his last  played videogame was Mario Bros on the NES would be able to play it after 5 minutes. This means more $$$$$$$.

I played the Alpha, and those over basic gameplay and controls + no dedicated server = a game aiming towards kids or anyone having no experience at all at videogames. A little further, and it will be rotative control on the keyboard only and no mouse needed like in DooM 1.

Even if the game was design for PC and ported to consoles, I feel they are really aiming for younger console players who just want to play 30 minutes a day and blasts rebels as stormtroopers. Not deeper than this.

Apart from the Star Wars theater, I think this game will not even be close to the dept and variety of gameplay the latest Battlefield games offered.

Edited by Peacekeeper